Our studio is located on Toledo’s Main Street in a beautifully remodeled historic building, providing the perfect setting for discovery and creativity. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river.
Once only a bustling mill town, Toledo is also known today for its community of artists, galleries, food and specialty shops.
Toledo Clayworks provides everything you need to explore working with clay. From top of the line equipment to state of the art kilns (and tools galore!), this is your studio away from home.
Our innovative membership program uses a member account to provide flexibility and affordability. The money you put onto your account is used to purchase clay, and cover visits, and firing fees. Each visit is only $7 and you can work all day if you wish. A busy schedule is no problem, your account is valid for three months after your last visit. If you plan on being absent for a longer period just communicate with Chasse and your account will be extended.
Your membership includes everything needed except clay.
- With eight wheels, a large slab roller, extruder and large canvas tables you will never have to wait for equipment or a place to work.
- We stock six different clay bodies, including porcelain and sculptural.
- We are proud to be a Georgies distributor. We can order all sorts of goodies.
- YES! We have a raku kiln and fire when work weather and time permits.
- We fire to cone six oxidation and as often as possible.
- We have an extensive glaze selection and a great glaze lab. We love to experiment.
- We can best serve the hobby potter or the serious artist. However, we aren’t set up for the production or high-volume potter.