How do member accounts work?
In our beginning classes we are getting lots of questions about the member accounts. We have tried to make it very simple, but now realize that some gray areas need to be addressed.
- How much? The very first punch card a new member starts has a minimum requirement of $40.
- You sign in each time you come in to the studio.
- When do you need to sign in? If you come in and work you must sign in, whether you work twenty minutes or five hours. Plan your time so each visit is meaningful and productive.
- When don’t you need to sign in? Looking, visiting, reading, checking on a piece, moving work, covering work, bringing in treats. That sort of thing. If you aren’t sure just ask.
- If you take clay home, make something, and then drop it off at the studio to be fired, that firing counts as a studio visit. A firing can last 12-14 hours and each kiln uses 12,000 watts (equal to 200 60W light bulbs)! This is the single greatest cost we have.
- Special circumstances and cases will arise and we will figure those out as we go. We will do everything possible to be fair.